Services We Offer After Rehab
Your discharge plan is tailored to meet your ongoing needs in recovery so you can live a healthy, productive life free from drugs or alcohol and without worry about relapse in the future. The objective is to help you make a successful transition from intensive treatment to sober living for the long term.
Some of the aftercare services and referrals we can provide include:
- Sober coach: if you require a sober coach to help you get through tough times or to discuss ways to avoid temptation, we can locate the right person to suit you.
- Sober living environment: some people may find that returning home to their usual residence isn’t an option, especially if the home environment is strongly associated with drug or alcohol abuse. To help you maintain your motivation to stay clean and sober, you may prefer to make your transition to independent living by staying in a sober living environment. We can help locate the right sober living community to suit your needs.
- Ongoing therapy: you may want to continue your therapy sessions after you leave your treatment program with the Carter Treatment Center. We’ll happily locate a primary therapist who fits within your personal philosophies and arrange an initial consultation with that person for you.
- Alternative therapies: many people find they enjoy some of the alternative therapies they experienced while in treatment. If you wish to continue practicing yoga, Tai Chi, or any other holistic therapy after your treatment has ended, we can refer you to the right practitioners to help you.
- Exercise programs: maintaining a healthy exercise routine is important for your healthy recovery. If you require gym membership or a personal trainer to help you stay motivated, we can arrange it for you.
- Study or work skills training: if you decide to embark on a study course or work skills training program to improve your employment prospects after treatment has ended, we can recommend the right institutions to help you achieve your goals.
Before you make the transition from intensive outpatient treatment to independent sober living, it’s important you have a properly tailored aftercare plan set up for you. You’ll be given access to a diverse range of aftercare services and specialists who will all play a part in your overall journey to recovery. Learn more about the benefits of outpatient treatment.
Our support for your recovery doesn’t end when you’re discharged. The Carter Treatment Center’s support will continue for a lifetime. Contact us today if you or a loved one in Cumming, Suwanee, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Gainesville, Duluth, Buford, Lawrenceville, Peachtree Corners, or Gwinnett County are suffering from addiction.