Despite the common belief that marijuana is not addictive, research is finding that marijuana users experience the same psychological responses of withdrawal as those of other substances. Although there are differences in the physical symptoms of addiction between marijuana and other substances, it still poses a problem for those who are a long time, frequent users trying to kick the habit. Even as popularity grows for medical marijuana use addiction is still a real possibility- one that plagues victims who have experienced marijuana’s takeover of their lives.
The first step in taking back control of an addiction is recognizing and admitting that there is a problem. With marijuana, the signs of addiction may be less obvious than its stronger substance counterparts, but they exist. If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the symptoms of addiction to marijuana, our team of drug rehab professionals at The Carter Treatment Center can help.
Contact our team today at (678) 737-4430.
Signs and Symptoms of Marijuana Addiction
Marijuana addiction may not display the physical signs of withdrawal that many other substances do, but there are many other signs that make it clear that use has gone beyond “recreational” in nature.
Signs of marijuana addiction include:
- Tolerance and withdrawal: Regular use of marijuana products, regardless of how you ingest it, can lead to tolerance, causing increased frequency and amount of use over time. Signs of withdrawals when you attempt to reduce use include irritability, insomnia, and anxiety.
- Using to escape problems: If you use marijuana to escape problems or to avoid dealing with your reality, you may be addicted.
- Dependence: If you rely on marijuana to enjoy free time, to relax, to socialize or to be creative, and you don’t think that you can do things without it, this is a sign of addiction.
- Disregarding daily activities: Avoiding housework, chores, school, work or any other daily functions to smoke or because of smoking or ingesting marijuana, you may be addicted.
- Excessive time focused on marijuana: When most of your time is spent doing activities around marijuana (buying, getting high, coming down, repeat) and your day is greatly influenced by the act of getting high, you may be addicted.
- Use affects relationships or activities: If your relationship with friends, family or loved ones is affected negatively or your participation in family outings or friend activities is inhibited by your marijuana use, and you choose the marijuana over the person or activity, then you may be exhibiting signs of addiction.
If any of the above signs apply to you or a loved one, it is time to take a step towards getting ahold of the issue. No substance should dictate your life, and you deserve to be in charge of your interactions, your energy, and your relationships. We want to stress that you did not get here alone, and we don’t expect you to get out alone; our team is here for you.
Your Holistic Drug Treatment Solution
Our approach to treatment and recovery is a comprehensive, holistic treatment plan. We know that every patient’s history and a reason for use is different and we understand that not all treatments fit the same. We utilize a multifaceted approach to recovery care including group and private therapy, meditation, adventure therapy, and yoga. If you are ready to take a step towards sobriety, our team of drug rehabilitation professionals in Peachtree City and Cumming is ready for you. Your recovery is our priority.
Contact The Carter Treatment Center at (678) 737-4430.
The Carter Treatment Center gave me a new chance in my life that I thought I had lost. -M.T. Read More Testimonials
A life-altering experience for me. -S.S. Read More Testimonials
I am so grateful to have found The Carter Treatment Center. -L.W. Read More Testimonials
Thanking you for changing my life, for the better ! -J.A. Read More Testimonials
I truly believe that my counselor cares and understands, and that made recovery seem attainable -B.M. Read More Testimonials
I really believe The Carter Treatment Center cares about people, you're not just a number. -A.L Read More Testimonials